2022 – 2024 Recruitment
Applications for the 2022 – 2024 program will open on Wednesday, December 1st 2021.
For further information, questions or concerns regarding the application process please contact Martin Larkin by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Individuals seeking to develop excellent management and leadership training and a career in the Thoroughbred Industry.
- Those with excellent communication skills and in-depth knowledge of the international Thoroughbred Industry.
- Those with good practical horsemanship skills and a strong work ethic.
- Those who enjoy a rigorous academic program and multi-cultural experiences.
- Level 8 Bachelors Degree. Minimum GPA 3.08 or 2.1 Hons preferred and one to three years full time relevant Thoroughbred industry employment following graduation
- Level 7 Degree at honors level and three to five years full-time relevant Thoroughbred industry employment following graduation*
- Level 6 Qualification at honors level and at least 10 years full time relevant Thoroughbred industry employment including positions of responsibility*
*in these cases a non-standard admission form is required to be submitted to University College Dublin
This is a scholarship with twelve places annually. There are no registration fees or course fees for those selected.
What will be needed in order to complete my application?
- A current Curriculum Vitae/Resume not exceeding TWO pages
- Original transcripts of exam results from school/university in English
- Contact Details of Three References, a least one employer and one academic. (Written references are not required)
- Typed cover letter not exceeding ONE Page
- English language proficiency certificate dated within one year of the application deadline (minimum IELTS 6.5 academic test) if English is not the first language of your country of origin (ie. Nationality as shown on your passport)
- A colour copy of your full driving license (Provisional licences will not be accepted), Passport photo page
- 60-second to camera video answering a preset question
What happens next?
Applicants will be informed by email if they have or have not been successful in obtaining an interview.
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to:
- Provide video evidence of their ability to ride a horse. Click here for riding video guidelines.
- Complete online psychometric tests.
- Applicants will be interviewed and in addition may be required to carry out practical tasks, written assessments and group work.
- In light of the COVID-19 crisis, Godolphin Flying Start has taken measures to protect the health of trainees, management, applicants and the communities in which they are all based. Interviews of candidates for the 2021 intake and the final selection meeting will be conducted by videoconference.
- Successful applicants are required to carry out pre-course reading and assignments.
- Successful applicants will be required to undergo a medical examination.
2022 Interview dates