2023 – 2025 Recruitment
Applications for the 2023 – 2025 programme will open on December 1st 2022 with a closing deadline of February 6th 2023.
For further information, questions or concerns regarding the application process please contact Martina Dempsey on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Individuals seeking to develop excellent management and leadership training and a career in the Thoroughbred Industry.
- Those with excellent communication skills and in-depth knowledge of the international Thoroughbred Industry.
- Those with competent practical thoroughbred horse handling skills and a strong work ethic.
- Those who enjoy a rigorous academic program and multi-cultural experiences.
- Individuals should have been in paid, full-time, hands-on employment in the Thoroughbred industry for at least one year
- International experience preferred.
- Level 8 Bachelors Degree. Minimum GPA 3.08 or 2.1 Hons preferred and one to three years full time relevant Thoroughbred industry employment following graduation
- Level 7 Degree at honors level and three to five years full-time relevant Thoroughbred industry employment following graduation*
- Level 6 Qualification at honors level and at least 10 years full time relevant Thoroughbred industry employment including positions of responsibility*
*in these cases a non-standard admission form is required to be submitted to University College Dublin
This is a scholarship with twelve places annually. There are no registration fees or course fees for those selected.
What will be needed in order to complete my application?
A current Curriculum Vitae/Resume not exceeding two pages
Original transcripts and parchment of exam results from university in English
Contact details of three referees, at least one from an employer and one academic.
Cover letter not exceeding one page
English language proficiency certificate dated within one year of the application deadline if English is not the first language of your country of nationality as shown on your passport. (minimum IELTS 6.5 academic test)
A colour copy of your full driving license and passport photo page (Provisional driving licences will not be accepted)
60-second to camera video answering a pre-set question
What happens next?
Applicants will be informed by email whether they have, or have not, been selected for interview.
Applicants selected for an interview will be required to:
- Complete online psychometric tests.
- Complete a horsemanship competency video as outlined here.
- Applicants will be interviewed and in addition may be required to carry out practical tasks, written assessments and group work.
- In light of the COVID-19 crisis, Godolphin Flying Start has taken measures to protect the health of trainees, management, applicants and the communities in which they are all based. Interviews of candidates for the 2023 intake may be conducted by videoconference.
- Successful applicants are required to carry out pre-course reading and assignments.
- Successful applicants will be required to undergo a medical examination.
2023 Interview dates TBC